Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our Need For Nature



Hello! Welcome to my blog. Thanks for being here.

I want to talk about nature. Lately, I crave it as much as any vital necessity. I long to step out my back door, onto a porch, that overlooks a large yard. And past that is a thick forest, streams, and mountains. I see deer in the morning. The mist settles on the trees. And in the winter, I sit and gaze from a big window, at the snow falling quietly. And when I have the day off, I want to explore the depths. I want to listen to the birds and learn their ways. I want to gaze at a brilliant starry sky on a summer night. These are the things I long for. 

When I am in the great untouched vast of the earth, I feel alive. I feel God. I love communing with God in nature. It is one of my greatest pleasures. I am amazed at all he created and the genius design of all living things. 

I try to portray this love I have for nature in most of photography. Hope you enjoy.














“Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.”
― John Lubbock














“We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.” 
- Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
















“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”  
-Anne Frank
















“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more”  
-George Byron















 “Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.”
― Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment