Monday, October 8, 2012



Eliora Nevaeh


I am currently 6 months pregnant with my 2nd baby girl. I know my due date will be here before I know it. The idea of having a new baby is exciting! I am so thankful and overwhelmed that God would bless me so greatly. The whole experience has me reminiscing about when I had my first child, Eliora. 

 I remember laying awake at night dreaming of what she would look like. Trying to imagine what it might be like to be a mother. I'd visualize all the fun things we might do together. I really had no idea.

 We decided to have a non medicated home birth. I was all for it. Women have been giving birth naturally since the dawn of time. I knew I could do it. Despite my optimism, the birth was 40 excruciating hours long. It honestly was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. It makes me emotional just thinking about it. It is difficult to revisit those memories. The last hours of the birth were through the night. I remember, I kept imagining myself holding my sweet child while rocking in the chair on our patio in the morning sun. That vision gave me the strength to pull through. Finally at 8 am in the morning, Eliora was born. It was the first day of spring. The pain and toil was over. Everything was perfect. I couldn't believe such a beautiful child was created inside of me. I held her close as I rested.

There were challenges and joys of being a new mother. Every new stage of her growth and development was so exciting. It still is. She exceeded all my expectations. She is much more beautiful and brilliant than what I could dream up. The name Eliora means 'God is my Light' in Hebrew.

 It was so fun to watch her personality emerge. It is such bliss when her gifts are revealed. I am still learning who she is. She is an amazing artist. She loves animals, especially her orange cat Milo. She is silly and wrestling with her daddy is the best part of her day. She is thoughtful, kind, and encouraging. She is good at sports. Her neck is super ticklish. Her smile brightens up any room. She loves to dance. She enjoys reading and there are days when she reads like 20 books. We snuggle together every night. The other night she said to me, "Mom you are so good. Thank you for teaching me everything." It warmed my heart. She is 3 years old now, but sometimes I think she is 5. She just started preschool and thinks it is fabulous. I am a proud Mama.

I have never loved anyone as deeply as I have loved Eliora. I would give anything for her. She is God's love manifest. I pray all her dreams come true and that she lives a life full of love and peace. 

I put together some of my favorite photos of her. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

























































































 


Thank you for taking time to read my blog. Check back soon for more posts. :) Much love.



No comments:

Post a Comment