Monday, May 30, 2011

Wild and Free

I had the day off work.  While eating our pancake breakfast, my husband asked me what I wanted to do that day.  The only thing I ever want to do is immerse myself in nature.  I knew I wanted to go on some kind of adventure.  A nice man once told us that there was a wild horse sanctuary about 45 mins from Redding.  Ever since then I had been dreaming about it.  So I told Jonathan, my husband, that's what I wanted to do.

Before long, we were all dressed and ready to go.  We drove out of the city.  My heart always starts to feel more alive when the city fades in the rear view mirror and the country side surrounds us.  We drove past a lot of farm houses and open fields. Then up into the mountains.  When we got to the top of the mountain we turned on a small windy road.  It curved and twisted like an endless vine.  But finally we came to a big white sign that said, "Wild Horse Sanctuary".

There was a long driveway that led to a big white farmhouse.  The house had a beautiful lawn and was adorned with roses.  There were two lovely ponds on the property.  A lovely young woman came out to greet us.  Her name was Kendall.  She was an intern from Chicago.  She had never worked with horses before, but thought it would be fun to spend the summer in California.  She was free- spirited girl with a big smile.  She showed us around and then we walked down to the land where the wild horses roam.  She said we could hike around as much as we like.  So we did.  And it was glorious.  So much untouched land and beauty.

Here are some of the photos from our adventure.  I am not going to write much more, for the images speak for themselves.






















"If the son has set you free, than you are free indeed."  -John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment